Haryana Twins who climbed Everest and the Seven Summits
Img source: Inextlive.jagran
The tremendously hostile weather of Everest doesn’t discriminate between men and women; it punishes you with the same consequences if you make a mistake whether you are a male or a female. Twin sisters both 23, Tashi and Nungshi Malik hailing from the Himalayan town of Dehradun with roots from a rural village in Haryana in north India have climbed Everest and the Seven Summits in last three years.
The twins embarked on their Seven Summits journey in 2012, with Mt. Kilimanjaro being the first peak. “At the time, we were not really aware of the concept. We just happened to be there, and knew Kilimanjaro thanks to Lion King, and wanted to try it out!” says Nungshi.
List of successful summits as part of their #Mission2For7:
- Mt Kilimanjaro (Africa’s highest peak) Feb 2012
- Mt Everest (World’s & Asia’s highest peak) May 2013
- Mt Elbrus (Europe’s highest peak) Aug 2013
- Mt Aconcagua (South America’s highest peak) Jan 2014
- Mt Carstensz Pyramid (Australasia’s highest peak) March 2014
- Mt McKinley (North America’s highest peak) Jun 2014
- Mt Vinson in Antarctica (Antarctica’s highest peak) Dec 2014
“Mountaineering is a great sport, but it has our parents in debt. Though we scaled many heights for our country, not even a single penny has been provided by the government,” the twins said.
On being asked about their next adventure, they gleamed and said, “Mt. Cook in New Zealand and a few virgin peaks around the world.” They are also planning to publish a book on their journey so far.
The Indian Breeze team wishes you all the best for your future mountain climbing expeditions.
Latest posts by Abhijit Das (see all)
- [Trailer] ‘Half Girlfriend’, The Chetan Bhagat Novel That Shook The Youth Of India Is Now A Movie - April 10, 2017
- These Photos Of The Longest Train Ride Of India Will Take Your Breath Way - March 15, 2016
- [Watch] This Brilliant Ad Campaign Against Cigarette Smoking Has Sunny Leone And Aloknath In It - February 24, 2016